Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Useless" knowledge is the best knowledge

First of all, happy Pesach to those of you who are celebrating it. I chose to ring in the holiday with matzo brei last night. Matzo brei is perfect. It deserves never to be gussied up*. Its nutritional value is also questionable, which is why I'm not going to be making it again this Passover.

I've been craving something spicy, so I made a Jamaican-inspired meal that hit the spot: red beans with coconut milk and habanero peppers, paprika sweet potato hash, and spinach with a hint of cumin and some sriracha. There's really not much else to say about that.

I was in Pittsburgh this weekend in order to, among other things, moderate a quizbowl tournament. In order to add content to this post, and to bloviate about nerdy stuff**, I shall include a list of thoroughly randoma nd thoroughly awesome things I learned about:

1. This opera (and its composer)
2. This mechanism, and the fact that it is important
3. This artist
4. This book
5. This play
6. This syndrome

This is why quizbowl is neat.

*Oh, and those of you who truck with sweetened matzo brei are wrong. Sorry. Matzo and maple syrup aren't meant to mix.
**One of my more unfortunate habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment