Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Everything but the pileta

This is a Mexican orzo risotto with roasted vegetables and black-eyed peas.


It contains basically everything in the fridge: tomato, onion, jalapeno, tomatillo, fresh cilantro, roasted red pepper and roasted poblano, and roasted zucchini and summer squash, with sour cream to finish. The one tragedy is that somehow I'm running out of cumin yet again, and this dish taxed my supply. Since I tend to use cumin in perhaps 70 percent of my food*, I'm heading to the food coop ASAP and stocking up on delightfully cheap cumin from their bulk bins.

On the less-tasty front**, my (three-person) research team's mice are imminently giving birth! And it's almost 50:50 control:experimental mice! Science works! Sometimes! Maybe! If they don't eat their babies!

*Okay, not lately. But often!
**I actually don't know how untasty mice are. When I try some, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment