Sunday, August 22, 2010

Synchronicity is awesome

I was on the subway today reading The Crying of Lot 49, and there is a point when Oedipa Maas reflects briefly on the fourth movement of Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra. As I read that passage, my iPod shuffled to the fourth movement of Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra. How cool is that?

Anyway, lunch was more bread (it has spinach in it, happy?), and I went out to a restaurant called, amusingly, Tiffin Wallah with a quizbowl friend for dinner (eating out stops as soon as classes start, believe you me). But I couldn't let my final day of relative freedom pass without making something.



Remember the latest batch of chocolate chip cookies? I didn't have enough bread flour to make a whole batch, and I didn't want to substitute all-purpose because the results of the bread flour were so amazing, so I made a half recipe. In order to avoid having six massive cookies all alone on a cookie sheet, I made mini-cookies out of them and baked them for about half the time.



Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment