Thursday, November 18, 2010

Which fruit uses bribes to rise higher in the Catholic Church?

Ans: Persimmon Magus.



(Persimmons and pomegranates are possibly the best fall/winter fruits out there. Okay, fine, along with winesaps.)

I added a sausage and a Parmesan crisp to last night's pasta in order to jazz up Leftover Night a bit. Parmesan crisps are easy and, with a little care, quite elegant. Step 1: grate about 1/4 cup of Parmesan in a thin layer on an unheated, nonstick pan.



My layer could have been thinner, but whatever. Now, turn the stovetop to medium. Soon, your crisp will look like this.



Keep cooking it until it's golden brown and, well, crispy. Let it cool for 30 seconds or so to harden, or if you have deft hands (or, like me, don't mind scorching the tips of your fingers), roll it into a tube.



This would have been prettier if I'd put a little effort into it. As it were, I simply dumped a Tupperware of pasta into a bowl, microwaved it, and jammed the crisp on top. I could see stuffing a rolled-up crisp with a potato or other vegetable puree, or putting a dollop on a flat crisp, as a simple (if filling) appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment