Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Better left unseen

Interview season is over at last. Now it's time for the hard part: finalizing my rank list. Meanwhile, I'm just happy to be at home and cooking again, which I hope will remedy the 5-7 pounds I suspect I've acquired thanks to interview breakfasts and pre-interview dinners. I had one last go at the good stuff yesterday, with homemade pan-fried vegetable and tofu dumplings. The wrappers were courtesy of my new toy, which rolls out dumpling dough as well as pasta dough. Didn't take any pictures... Here, have a cute gif of a cat being foiled by its electrically charged fur instead!

To kick off the post-interview season weight loss, I made a winter version of salade niçoise, accomplished (if that's the word) by using sumac and thyme in the lemon-Dijon vinaigrette and omitting the tomatoes. They're mealy as can be this time of year; I'll pass. Perhaps red bell peppers would give the salad its dose of juicy goodness while maintaining quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment