Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Down under

I premade this lentil and barley salad with honey Dijon dressing so that I could go straight from my PLACE session* with it to a cafe in order to study for hours and hours**.

The Dijon mustard I used is delicious, but extraordinarily powerful. I bought it from Trader Joe's because it's from, you know, actual Dijon, and because it was on sale, and because there was no sticker on the jar that said, "WARNING: THIS MUSTARD HAS A KICK LIKE AN ANGRY MALE KANGAROO!" Which it does.

I think my favorite thing about this photo is the contrast between expressionless
kangaroo faces and violent kangaroo kick.

*This was, as usual, awesome. Pediatric endocrinology is beginning to sound like fun.
**This was aborted when I realized that the bathroom was out of order, which wasn't going to work for me.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if kicking flourished for them due to that lack of expression. Maybe if they had been able to show a little disdain, or sarcastic sneer, they would be richer in options today.

    Or maybe they would just sneer after landing a good one!

    ReplyDelete