Thursday, April 14, 2011

The end is near.

If this module were a nephron, we'd be in the collecting duct right about now. Exam tomorrow, followed by a bus to Pittsburgh, will conclude renal pathophysiology at last. I'm torn between wanting an extra week to study and wanting it to be over immediately.

I decided to go for Chinese comfort food tonight: di san xian, which consists of potatoes and eggplant and green pepper and garlic wokked into a delightful soy sauce-sodden gallimaufry. However, while the eggplant and potato are supposed to be fried first, I elected to roast them in the oven. Easier cleanup, quicker process, more healthful results. And I added a healthy dose of dried red peppers, because while one of the downsides to doing yoga is having to put up with an occasional bull-hooey comment about rajasic foods, I choose to revel in the stimulating burn that is a mouthful of Sichuan chile-laden vegetables washed down with Diet Coke.



Later tonight, I'm going to be throwing together some cookies as well, browned butter chocolate chip, at Andy's request. Kidneys be damned (no, seriously, screw you, kidneys and all your pathologies).

No comments:

Post a Comment