Sunday, June 13, 2010

Photo phail!

And yet again, I forget that I actually have a camera, so no photos for tonight.

As part of my developing quest to go to every farmer's market in Cambridge, we went to the Charles Square market this morning to pick up spinach, chard, and some other greens as I drooled over the still-too-expensive cherries. For dinner, I wilted that spinach and tossed it with a Thai dressing of peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha, freshly chopped garlic and ginger, a little water and oil to thin it out, and a just a sprinkle of anise. Raw spinach can be a little tough, but cooked spinach can be downright slimy; basically warming it over is a nice in-between. I quasi-julienned (my knives suck, and I have no advanced equipment) some sweet potatoes and tossed those with powdered cumin and ginger, as well as more oil and sriracha and just a touch of sugar and salt, to roast and have with it. Nothing innovative, but always satisfying.

We're now starting a St. Louis butter cake as per the Smitten Kitchen recipe at 9 p.m. I'll let you know what time I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment