Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Redux

Sorry about the paucity of posting, folks. Too much free food has been going around. I know, I know, I should be cooking things that are good for me instead of eating free pizza and pasta and green beans and these really good cookies that the NYUSoM catering facilities make. But it's hard to resist when you're at an informational meeting and it's 6 p.m. and you haven't eaten since 11:30 a.m.

Tonight, though, there was nothing interesting going on (sorry, radiology club, you're boring), so all systems were go on cooking myself dinner. Once over the summer, I made an Ethiopian potato-and-green bean dish to go with a misr wat. You just precook the green beans and cubed potato and then stir it into a sauce of diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, turmeric, cumin, and chili, with a squirt of lime. While I hate to say I'm a little lentiled out for the moment, a yam-and-green bean variant on that dish with a poached egg on top hit the spot. I hate it when poached eggs sit and get kind of clammy, so I ate it right away; no photos, sorry.

I also exercised for the first time in three days. Feels pretty good. I don't like the cheaper studio I've switched to as much as the more expensive one I switched from, but the operative words here are "cheaper" and "more expensive." It's not a bad place at all, just... very crowded. And loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment