Monday, September 27, 2010

Quasi-pilaf

Man, posts are coming in pairs these days.

I wanted to use up the last of the beets, but "roasted vegetable medley" will only work once a week, really. I julienned two beets and a carrot and roasted them while a half-cup of brown rice cooked. Then I toasted the rice a bit with some chopped onion and garlic and mixed in the vegetables, some (frozen) green beans, salt, pepper, and thyme, and topped it all off with cheese crumbles. Easy. Delicious. Filling post-yoga, which made me extremely hungry today for some reason.

I was actually a little concerned that I'd have a hard time during yoga today, actually. One is not supposed to eat for the three hours before taking a class. However, about halfway through today's 1 p.m. lecture, I got hit by a banana thrown by the professor (something to wake us up and illustrate his point about resistant starches. The person sitting to my left attempted to catch the banana, but instead deflected it into me. It was a delicious, delicious banana. Well, half-banana; mindful of the upcoming yoga, I split it with the person to my right. The person to my left was responsible for the banana assault. No fruit for him.

Since I didn't feel like photographing my food before I swallowed it, here's a picture of a flying banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment