Wednesday, December 1, 2010

TGIF

Friday has never felt so sweet.

I'm happy about this because lately I've been waking up at 6 a.m. to make 6:30 a.m. yoga, then going to class and lab from 9 to noon or so, then lunch, then more class or lab from 1 to 3. And then it's back to lab for some review, or back home to get cozy with my lovely vintage Netter's atlas. And there was an extra class Monday. And a laproscopy workshop Wednesday. And a dinner meeting yesterday. But I didn't have class until 1 p.m. today, which meant I could sleep in a little bit, work out in the afternoon, and get some studying done before class instead of saving it all until afterward. Joy!

I'm trying to get through the last of the elderly produce clogging my fridge before I can replenish with FreshDirect. So here you are: sweet potato soup topped with walnuts and pomegranate seeds, made creamy with Greek yogurt and sweet with honey. And cumin-garlic bread (the recipe for which I accidentally doubled; half of the dough is frozen). And green beans, which I roasted until I couldn't tell that they were past their prime.



Now it's time to shower and put on clothes that aren't scrubs and go exchange money for coffee, thereby encountering some people who aren't a. medical students, b. yoga practitioners, or c. dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment