Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spoiler alert!

I'm going away for a few days, so Facebook will be spared my link-spamming over the weekend. However, before I leave tomorrow, there will be a super-secret baking extravaganza to post about, complete with recipes and (theoretically) tantalizing photos. Stay tuned!

For tonight, Chez MD Stomach will be serving a white bean and caramelized ramp bulb soup with a spinach "pesto" quenelle.


I used a mere two dried porcini to make a light mushroom broth (the brown bits are pieces of chopped porcini that I'd used for that). I worried that the ramps would get lost in the other flavors, especially the meaty mushrooms, but the ramp:everything else ratio was high enough that they came through in tasty ways. Adieu until next year, ail des bois. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment