Saturday, January 9, 2010

And now for something completely different...

So, I might make some marshmallows at like 1 a.m., depending on the rate at which I finish my half of a quizbowl packet, but I did eat some wonderful tarte tatin today.

That occurred at a memorial service for a woman named Joanne Perrot. My dad took some ceramics classes at the local community college in whose studio Joanne worked, and he quickly realized and showed the rest of my family what a lovely person she was. She and her husband Paul, the most dapper of erudite older French gentlemen, were consummate world travelers, artists and art connoisseurs, and just generally good people. We stayed way too long at the service (from 2 to 7:30) because it was impossible to tire of talking to their wonderful children and other friends and relatives who are doctors, scientists, teachers, artists, and so on. Joanne was a spectacular woman who will be missed and who left her mark in her extraordinary family in friends.

Who, to draw it back to the purpose of this blog, have great taste in desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment