Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stuff it.

One of the things I love most about stuffed peppers is that the filling can be varied in all sorts of ways while retaining the deliciousness that is a soft oven-baked bell pepper. For dinner tonight, I tried a new (for me) variety: quinoa-stuffed peppers with carrots, caramelized red onion, and Swiss chard mixed in.



I bought a few different colors of pepper, just for fun.



As a side dish, I mixed the leftover oil from last night's salad and with cinnamon and brown sugar and tossed sweet potato slices, then baked them until soft. This is possibly my favorite side dish of all time. Or main course, really. Sweet potato oven fries or rounds or whatever you want to call them would be a delicious main course.

Earlier in the day, I'd gone to a friend's to play with her family's pasta maker. I'd never used one before, and the last time she used one, she was 6, but we managed to turn out some lovely looking linguine in about an hour (counting setup but not cleanup, which wasn't too extensive). I'll hear back from her as to how it tasted.

Oh, and it turns out there's a reason last night's chili oil wasn't as strong as I would have liked: http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/04/a-szechuan-discrepancy/?ref=dining

No comments:

Post a Comment