Friday, February 18, 2011

Do you want to fill your MD stomach?

I happily hand out recipes left and right, but I am thinking about giving one-on-one or one-on-two cooking lessons (on convenient post-exam or less-intense inter-exam weekends) for the low, low cost of ingredients. Bread-baking and dessert-making lessons are also options. I do know how to cook meat, so that can be arranged if you're a committed carnivore. Let me know if you are interested in doing this!

On to less hypothetical repasts:

Peppadews are South African peppers, only slightly spicy and usually served pickled. They're typically stuffed with cream cheese and served as appetizers. I chose to stuff them with a blend of feta, roasted garlic, parsley, and scallions and then roast them.

Roasted.

Unroasted.
There's this Italian flatbread recipe I've been wanting to try, so I figured why not now. For one thing, the rising time fit conveniently into my workout schedule.



It's got a great texture; I just wish I'd spiced it a little more heavily. One can never overdo the marjoram, apparently.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, these look great. I'm glad you came for a visit. That allowed me return the call and browse through your blog. I love what I've found and I'll definitely be back. Rosemary might be a wonderful alternative for your bread. As to the use of almond flavoring in the cookies - I've never tried it, but used judiciously it might work. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete