Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stuff white people like

There's no "ethnic food" entry on stuffwhitepeoplelike.com (believe me, I checked), but there should be. Looking over my posts and my menu plan for the next couple weeks, I'm almost ashamed at how white I'm being. There's a lot of food that white people like.

And so tonight I offer you an egg and cabbage korma that I did not photograph because, well, Andy's here, which means the food disappears about three times as quickly as when I'm alone. But here are some photos of the onion-and-garlic-and-ginger-and-hot pepper-and-tomato-and-almond paste that formed its base, as well as the spice blend (turmeric, fennel, coriander, cumin, cardamom, black pepper, methi, mustard) that I toasted in ghee (which I should either not use or just buy, because making it is sort of a greasy experience) to make it extra fragrant:

I'm white enough to love my food processor, but not so
white that I'll use a mortar and pestle because it's more "authentic."
Looks appetizing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment