Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurrican't

So yeah, that endtimes flood thing didn't really happen to Manhattan. But that doesn't mean I didn't a. buy peanut butter, b. make whole-wheat bread, and c. gorge myself on a combination of the above for two days, using "well, we could have lost power" as an excuse.

And the night before I had made crescent rolls, which Andy wreaked his own form of natural disaster on.

If you make these, roll them out 1/8 inch or thinner. Otherwise,
you get these sort of indistinct little buggers.

Mmm, warm, fluffy insides.
And tonight was African burritos. What is an African burrito, you may ask? Why, I'll tell you!


Gently microwave a collard until it's cooked enough to be palatable but still hold up to filling, plop in some turmeric rice and berbere lentil spread, toss julienned vegetables on top, and fold using this retro guide* to burrito folding.





Mmm, tasty. Almost tasty to make me forget that what I really have to do tonight is review pretty much every single bump, crevice, and nubbin on this guy**:



Alas, poor Yorick. I wish I knew well how your pterygopalatine fossa works.

*Guys. That guide was posted in 2002. That was almost 10 years ago. Meditate on that and despair.
**Me, upon arriving home: Andy, I have a skull in a box. You can play with it, but only after I've Clorox Wipe'd it to remove the cadaver juice.
Andy: ...

No comments:

Post a Comment