Monday, November 8, 2010

Baking gospel

I suppose it's time to confront the fact that it's canned tomatoes for a good long while now. A perusal of the Union Square Greenmarket this weekend uncovered only some shabby heirlooms amongst the robust root vegetables. Thus did I disconsolately eat a squash, green bean, and black bean chili made with canned tomato.



Not that it wasn't good. But it should have been better. There are too many desolate, potato-oriented months to go before tomato season returns.

However, do not despair: I have a thrilling tidbit of food-related information. After I discovered that no grocery store I frequent in New York carries jars of yeast, I turned to Amazon... where I purchased, from a reputable source and under the auspices of Amazon Prime, two pounds of yeast for $10.33. I plan to sell one of the pounds on Craigslist for $10 and thus, basically, get my yeast for free.

Now that's what I call the Good News.

No comments:

Post a Comment