Monday, November 15, 2010

Cheesus freak

Thanks to my long weekend away, I've got a modest amount of produce left--which, unless I redeem a Groupon for Urban Organic, I have to make last until next Wednesday--and I could have made something interesting tonight.

But all I wanted was grilled cheese with a pile of vegetables.



Really, what I wanted was to make the whole-wheat version of Jim Lahey's no-knead bread, but that requires fourteen to eighteen hours of forethought that I did not have. So I just went with a simple whole wheat loaf, which works better for sandwiches anyhow.



As is evident in the upper left of the first photo, I managed to scorch one side of the sandwich while I went to fetch my camera. Just call it chipotle grilled cheese. The tomatoey stuff is some leftover sauce from Thursday's dinner, and the green stuff is the aforementioned pile of vegetables.

I have only one disappointment, and that is that unlike Finn in Glee, I did not produce an icon of Jesus in my grilled cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment