Monday, November 22, 2010

Unoppressive Non-Imperialist Risotto

Did you know...that arborio rice is not necessary for a risotto?

My contents of the fridge comprised: leeks, beets, a carrot, and a half-pound of green beans, and a couple nubbins of cheese. After consulting How to Cook Everything Vegetarian and the Internet, I decided that a. the photos of beet risottos looked like piles of ground-up viscera and b. a barley risotto would be just fine, thank you very much.

I call this creation Whatever's In The Fridge Risotto, To Be Made While Listening To Lectures On Your iPod So That You Are Ostensibly Studying As You Stir And Eaten With Beet Chips. Pithy, I think.

One more day until this exam is over, after which I can bake something delicious and visit the library/a used bookstore. And considering that today I found out there's a bookstore called Unoppressive Non-Imperialist Bargain Books in the West Village, this should be a great trip indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment